NOTICE TO PUBLIC DOCUMENT ROOM USERS
NEW REPRODUCTION CONTRACT
As a result of a competitive solicitation, a new document reproduction contract has been awarded to:
Best Copy and Printing Incorporated
7851-E Beechcraft Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
The contractor will perform document reproduction services at the rates listed below. These rates become effective for orders beginning October 1, 2009. Relevant sales tax and postage will be added by the Contractor.
1. Paper to paper reproduction is $.30 per page up to and including 8-1/2" X 14". Pages 11" X 17" are $.30. Pages larger than 11" X 17", size, including drawings, are $1.50 per sq. foot.
2. Microfiche to paper reproduction is $.40/page for base rate and $.50/page for priority processing. Aperture card blowback to paper (black and white) is $3 per sq. foot.
3. Microfiche card duplications are $10.00 each.
4. RUSH PROCESSING service is offered for standard size paper to paper reproduction and blowbacks, excluding standing order documents and pages reproduced from bound volumes. The charge is $.35/page for paper to paper and $.50/page for microfiche to paper. A schedule of turnaround times based on the size of the order is available from the PDR reference staff. A request for rush processing must be indicated on the order forms. Rush processing applies only to the duplication service provided by the contractor and does not apply to time spent by PDR reference staff to assist users, to identify and retrieve documents, or to prepare orders for users.
5. Facsimile service includes local, domestic and foreign long distance. Fax charges are: $1.00/page - local calls; $2.00/page - U.S. long distance; and $6.00/page - foreign long distance, plus regular copying charges where applicable.
6. Electronic Full Text (EFT) documents (ADAMS documents) EFT to CD-ROM is $5.00 per CD plus a fee of $0.15/page for base rate and $6.00 per CD plus a fee of $0.20/page for priority rate. (If request requires more than one CD-ROM the $5.00/$6.00 charge is assessed per CD-ROM.)
Orders completed for mailing by the U.S. Postal Service or by a private delivery service will include an additional fee for the mailing, shipping, or delivery service rate. Unless a user requests special packing materials, there is no additional charge by the contractor for wrapping materials and handling. Users may also use their individual Fed Ex or UPS accounts and would not be billed separately.
Full details about duplication from various media, under standard and rush processing where applicable, may be found in the attached tables for pricing and turnaround times.
Note: - Orders received after 3:00 PM will be delivered the next day.
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES AND BILLING POLICY
Payment for document reproduction services is made directly to the contractor. Customers may pay by any of the following methods:
Open a Deposit Account - Customers can call Best Copy and Printing Incorporated (BCPI) at 301-816-2820 to set up account. Customers can deposit a minimum of $500 with BCPI and they will deduct the amount as the job is performed. When the balance reaches $100 BCPI will notify the customer.
Credit Card - Customers can pay for orders with the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. The minimum amount charged to credit cards will be $10.00. Customers, if they wish, can authorize Best Copy & Printing to keep credit card information on file and orders will be charged automatically and a detailed monthly statement will be sent. Credit card receipts will be included with each order stating all charges for reproduction and postage.
Payment by Check - Customers can pay for orders by check; however, orders of this nature will not be sent until the check has been received by Best Copy and Printing Incorporated. Returned checks will incur a twenty-five dollar penalty, and future orders will not be filled until the account has been satisfied. Payments should be mailed to:
Best Copy and Printing Incorporated
11740 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
Electronic Transfer - Electronic transfers can be arranged by calling Best Copy and Printing Incorporated at (301) 816-2820 or by fax (301) 816-0169.
Cash - Orders can be paid for in full at the time of pickup. Call Best Copy and Printing Incorporated at (301) 816-2820 to make the proper arrangements.
PLACEMENT OF ORDERS AND REFERENCE ASSISTANCE
The contractor does not provide reference services and does not accept orders by U.S. mail, fax, e-mail or telephone directly from the public. Orders may be placed: 1) through the PDR reference staff via telephone, fax, mail or e-mail requests; 2) by the requester in the PDR Reading Room; 3) via the ADAMS Online Order Module. Customers with existing accounts should include their contractor assigned customer number on every order.
Please direct your mail requests for documents and information to:
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Public Document Room
Mail Stop: O1 F13
Washington, D.C. 20555
Requests also may be faxed to the PDR at (301) 415-3548 or sent via e-mail to
Questions or comments related to reproduction services may be directed to Karen Danoff, the contract project officer, at (301) 415-4737, 1-800-397-4209, or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Read the NRC Reproduction Prices go here
To view the NRC government web site
document reproduction fee schedule, go here.
To see the official notice of BCPI being
awarded the NRC contract, see the notice here (under enclosure F)
See our testimonial letters from satisfied BCPI customers here on our Customer Appreciation page.